Friday, September 08, 2017

Our Lady's Birthday

Birth of the Virgin
Bartolomé Esteban Perez Murillo 



Sweet Child Mary, destined to be the Mother of God and our sovereign and loving Mother, by the prodigies of grace you lavish upon us, mercifully listen to my humble supplications. In the needs which press upon me from every side and especially in my present tribulation, I place all my trust in you.


O Holy Child, by the privileges granted to you alone and by the merits which you have acquired, be merciful to me this day. Show that the source of spiritual favors and the continuous benefits which you dispense are inexhaustible, because your power with the Heart of God is unlimited. Deign through the immense profusion of graces with which the Most High has enriched you from the first moment of your Immaculate Conception, grant me, O Celestial Child, my petition, and I shall eternally praise the goodness of your Heart.

Hail Mary!  Full of grace!  Hail Mary!  Full of grace!  Hail Mary!  Mediatrix of all grace!  Have mercy upon me a sinner!  Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee!



"I am all thine, and all that I have is thine, O most loving Jesus,
through Mary Thy most holy and Immaculate Mother."

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday my Lady! Thank you for everything, for your attentiveness, your care, your love.

    May I never forget how precious you are.
    May I never forget what a gift you are to all of God's children.
    May I always thank the Lord for your gift of "Yes."

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love the little doggie to the left of the picture. He seems to be playing with one of the cherubs. Too sweet not to notice. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. A special day to be sure. Mary's birthday and the birth of a new grandchild; first boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wh, May your first boy bring you and your family many blessings.

      Delete
    2. The priest at Mass today 8mformef us he's happy to share his birthday with the Blessed Mother. Also happy not to be named after her.

      Delete
    3. I was sure I posted congratulation WH - anyway - congratulations!

      Delete
    4. Congratulations Grampa Wallace!!!

      Delete
  4. Thank you. It sure makes Mary's birthday more special if that is possible.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.