Friday, November 04, 2016

The Pope in the cemetery ...

Pope Francis


I love this photo of the Pope - it reminds me of this:
"I know well I must render an account of everything - from the beginning of my life as well as this later part - unto the last penny, when God will search Jerusalem with lighted candles, and it is already late - the day far spent - to remedy so much evil and harm..." - St. John of the Cross

God will search Jerusalem with lighted candles ...

Papal sarcophagus


The tombs ...

I love the ancient tombs.  Early Christian ascetics 'lived among the tombs' - the first hermits in Egypt occupied rock cut tombs, a metaphor for having 'left the world' and a place to practise renunciation and ceaseless prayer.  It was also reputed to be the habitat of demons, useful to the ascetics in spiritual combat when the persecutions of Christians ceased.

Monastic life.


Sharp dressed man.

1 comment:

  1. Like St. Therese who wished her mama would go to heaven soon, so I pray Francis, for the good of the Church Universal, goes to rest with his ancestors soon.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.