Sunday, November 27, 2016

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal.







On November 27, 1830, Our Lady gave the Miraculous Medal to St. Catherine Laboure, promising great graces to those who wear it.
Catherine saw Our Lady standing on a globe, with dazzling rays of light streaming from her outstretched hands. Framing the figure was an inscription: “O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.” Then Mary spoke to Catherine: “Have a medal struck upon this model. Those who wear it will receive great graces, especially if they wear it around the neck.” - Story of the Miraculous Medal

 

I have no other recourse than you ... O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you.  I am alone and afflicted, I have no one but you.

6 comments:

  1. I, too, Terry, "am Alone and Afflicted": you are in my prayers each day: as are those I 'know' here:
    Our Lady ! The kindest and gentlest of mothers: pray the rosary: beg to be shielded within Her Mantle: hide out, as it were...
    I am experiencing a slow and deep mental and emotional healing from Our Lady's efficacy: you know how this goes: suddenly you realize a prayer is/has been not only been Heard...but dealt with in a way impossible to occur to you: the problem now seems...far away from your soul: muffled now, whereas prior it was a raw wound.
    How foolish I am when I neglect her presence ! I wear a lovely Miraculous Medal, always - outside my clothes...in homage...
    I love the story of Alphonse Ratisbonne ! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Ratisbonne story too.

      The thing about this feast, this apparition, this message is that it is so filled with joy - a deep, spiritual joy - and I think that is Our Lady's presence.

      Delete
  2. http://www.preguntasantoral.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/catalina_laboure2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some years ago, I returned home from a healing service. A passage from the Gospel reading during Mass prompted me to give my very sick and bed-ridden mother-in-law a ‘miraculous’ medal. Lily wasn’t a religious woman in any sense of the word, but she willingly accepted the medal.

    The next day, she called out to me from her room. She was in a lot of pain and said the medal didn’t seem to be working!

    Not many weeks afterwards Lily died unexpectedly but peacefully in her bed – and on her birthday, November 27 – the Feast of the Miraculous Medal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the illicit Catholic things I gave to my sister before her death was a Miraculous Medal. It was in my purse when she was in the hospital and I left when she was sleeping so just placed it on the table in front of her. When I arrived the next day it was in front of her.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.