Friday, September 30, 2016

St. Jerome, patron saint of kitty kats and the irascible



What?  That's a kitty kat in the picture.

He was a volatile man - irascible - which is why he did a lot of penance.  Imagine if he had a blog ... he'd be Mark Shea.

Evidently he liked to take his clothes off too - because he is often shown naked.  So gross.

Jerome reading 'Penance For Dummies':

"First: take all your clothes off.
Then take a stone 
and pound it against your chest,
until you see blood.
Repeat as often as necessary,
especially after telling off
people who disagree with you."


Anyway - my favorite quote from St. Jerome:
"He who clings to the Chair of Peter is accepted by me."
Works for me. 

4 comments:

  1. I like St. Jerome cause he loved the Church despite being a grouch. He may have seen hope in it all as Jesus loves us unconditionally. St. Jerome pray for me cause I am a grouch too.

    My favorite St. Jerome quote:

    "Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...He LUBS that kitty Kat ! He fed him really, really great Saint food and that kat grew and grew, and then the Saint painted his sharp little nails a beautiful blood red, and then St. Jerome put the Cardinal Hat on the Kitty and it purred and purred. Then they went to Heaven Together, as besties.
    oh ! Perhaps your gallows humor is twisting my little mind, Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:29 AM

    From my tiny blog:

    "Woman is the gate of the devil, the road to iniquity, the sting of the scorpion, in a word, a dangerous species."

    *raises eyebrow*

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.