Saturday, September 24, 2016

3rd Day of preparation for the feast of St. Therese

Painting by Henry Wingate.
The best I have ever seen- he brings 
Little Therese to life in this portrait.




Little Therese,
Who gained countless souls for Christ, 
Who promised, after her death, a shower of roses, 
Who foretold: "I will spend my heaven doing good upon earth," 
pray for us.





"In Heaven the good God will do all I wish, because I have never done my own will upon earth." - Counsels and Reminiscences

8 comments:

  1. "In Heaven the good God will do all I wish, because I have never done my own will upon earth"

    Therein lies our hope! Gracias Santa Teresita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I don't know why the majority of artists turn her into Miss America. This is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only critique of the painting I could have is the halo above the saint's head - I wish it was thinner and much fainter - just a glimmer. Otherwise the expression of her face is much more livelier than the famous photograph it is taken from.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree!!! And those eyes!

      Delete
    3. Doesn't she look like she is going to begin talking to you? I think Celine would like it very much.

      Delete
  3. The picture of my sister's is very dark; it's on plaster and is a more idealized portrait of her. Thank you for the reminder to seek her intercession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of my sister's is very dark; it's on plaster and is a more idealized portrait of her. Thank you for the reminder to seek her intercession.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.