Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

To you do we cry
poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping
in this vale of tears.




From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and to the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling place I have ministered before Him.

Hail, bright Star of the ocean!
Portal of the sky!
Ever Virgin Mother
Of the Lord Most High!
Oh! By Gabriel's Ave,
Utter'd long ago,
Eva's name reversing,
Establish peace below.
Break the captive's fetters;
Light on blindness pour;
All our ills expelling
Every bliss implore.
Show yourself a Mother;
Offer Him our sighs,
Who for us Incarnate
Did not you despise.
Virgin of all virgins!
To your shelter take us:
Gentlest of the gentle!
Chaste and gentle make us.
Still, as on we journey,
Help our weak endeavor,
Till with you and Jesus
We rejoice forever.
Through the highest heaven,
To the Almighty Three,
Father, Son, and Spirit,
One same glory be.
Amen.

From the beginning, and before the world, was I created, and to the world to come I shall not cease to be, and in the holy dwelling place I have ministered before Him. 

Help our weak endeavor,
Till with you and Jesus
We rejoice forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.