Friday, April 08, 2016

I could have seen the Doobie Brothers in Bayonne, but I journeyed on to Lourdes



I was invited to Paris too ...

Bayonne is a city in the Basque Country region of southwest France, where the Nive and Adour rivers meet. Narrow medieval streets characterize the old Grand Bayonne district. Here lie the Gothic-style Bayonne Cathedral, with its 13th-century cloister, and Château Vieux castle. Across the Nive river in the Petit Bayonne district is the Musée Basque, a museum devoted to the region’s arts, crafts and traditions.

3 comments:

  1. You made the best choice going to Lourdes!!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. S. At first glance, I believed you meant Bayonne, Jersey City and then saw 'Lourdes' and saw my 'mistake'. Thanks very much for the great song by the 'Doobie Brothers'; those were the best melodies, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What did you go out into the wilderness to see?"

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.