Friday, February 12, 2016

Pope Francis in the Americas ... Again!

Pouring out a thousand graces, 
he passed these groves in haste; 
and having looked at them, 
with his image alone, 
clothed them in beauty.
- S. John of the Cross



When I was little I had a dream that we had an American Pope - at the time I thought it was me, haha, but maybe it was prophetic, huh?  Maybe it pointed to Francis?  (I think it was just a kid's dream.)

Anyway - I am so happy we have an Italian-American Pope from Argentina.

I love what he said about seeing Our Lady:
“My deepest desire is to pause before Our Lady of Guadalupe, this mystery that is studied, and studied, and studied, and there is no human explanation,” Pope Francis said on the plane, adding even scientists say the image is "a thing of God." - VR
In Mexico I will look into the eyes of the Virgin Mary and implore her to look upon us always with mercy. I entrust my journey to her. - Pontifex


and having looked at them, 
with her image alone, 
clothed them in mercy and love.



Obviously the devil is upset - there was a deadly riot at a prison not far from the prison the Pope will visit when he is in Juarez.

Let's be united in prayer with the Holy Father.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me smile and grateful to know La Morenita is graciously waiting for her little mijo. May Mexico benefit from these coming grace filled days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaya - I love when use these pet names for the Blessed Mother and the Holy Father :)

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.