Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Protomartyr St. Stephen

Oh how I love you Stephen,
I love the precious stones
which ornamented your
body...
I venerate the blood
which flowed from your
wounds ...
Pray for me ...
pray for us ...
and be
with us
at the hour 
of our death,
when God's mercy
allows us 
to see
the heavens opened
and the Son of Man
standing
at the 
right hand of
God.
Amen.

The grace of martyrdom.

One may desire it,
pray for it,
prepare for it,
desire it with all one's heart ...
perhaps even seek it out.
And,
if it be God's will ...

It isn't a passive desire for suicide.
Nor an escape from a difficult life.
It is a call.
A vocation.

It is a grace ...

Everything is a grace.

It is the unitive way ...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.