Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception


Thou art all fair O Mary...

Thou art all fair O Mary
and the original stain is not in thee!
O Mary!

By thy holy and Immaculate Conception

Make my Body pure and my spirit holy.

Thou art all fair O Mary!
Draw me in the odor of thy ointments.
Encompass my heart within thine.
Show thyself my mother!

But thou O Lord, have mercy on us.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Vouchsafe, O sacred Virgin, to accept my praises.
Thanks be to God.



By what praises dare I extol thee?

Hail Mary!  Full of grace!

The Lord is with thee!


Paradise of the children of Eve, refuge of sinners, consolation of the afflicted, solace in sorrow, light in darkness, enclosure for the homeless, rest for the weary, health of the sick, gate of heaven....

Pray for us who have recourse to thee, and for those who do not have recourse to thee, especially the enemies of the Church and those recommended to thee.

Cause of our joy!  Pray for us!

9 comments:

  1. Ah Terry ! Twice this morning I have seen Pope Francis and Pope Benedict embrace: the holy and semi-strong current Holy Father, beside the Holy and weakening Benedict...such a great day, this Feast of Our Lady, and the opening of the Door Of Mercy. And to see this crucifix on the altar...
    so happy.
    And now I can dress and go to my 'lowly' job where I now help feed 350+ little adorable children, and here, to me, is life, not only to love them and pray for them but also my co-workers who all suffer in so many ways.
    (why oh why can not the elderly be like these little ones....humble, grateful, interested in others...) love, Consolata: to all, today, on this great great day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great day for sure!

      Delete
    2. The elderly unlike the young are losing this world, losing friends, losing health, losing teeth....losing the attention of many...even of grandchildren at the rate at which they want to hear from them.
      Their's is the age wherein they must turn away from this losing feeling and talk intimately to the God of Love to help them despise this world in a healthy, monastic acceptation of the word "despise"....maybe a letting go of this world. They are experiencing a mini purgatory which also loosens out too tight grip on this world. They must turn from this world toward the God of Love and that is very difficult if they led a life of giving Him little attention.

      Delete
    3. Bill, thank you: that is really a wonderful insight and I appreciate it - I am so often so very intolerant and insensitive ! It blinds me from the truth of what you say. Happy Feast Day of Our Lady !

      Delete
  2. My parish has a link to a free ebook by Cardinal Dolan on our first three popes of the 21st c, courtesy of Our Sunday Visitor. I'm sure many of you are already aware of this fine gift, but if not, here is a little reading for Mary's feast day.
    http://www.stmatthewscathedral.org/news/2015/11/free-ebook-cardinal-dolan-soul-mind-and-heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Day 10 now of my preparation for Consecration to Mary. Today in 33 Days to Morning Glory we are reading an entry called "Who Are You, O Immaculate Conception?" How appropriate! Here's something to ponder: The Holy Spirit is the uncreated Immaculate Conception and Mary is the created Immaculate Conception.

    O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! That insight of the uncreated is from St. Maximillian I think. It's awesome to consider, isn't it. The House of God, the Gate of Heaven!

      This is such a heavenly feast - heaven on earth!

      Happy feast day!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's St. Maximilian.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.