Sunday, July 19, 2015

You can't put new wine into old wineskins

Christ changed the water into wine.
The water that was used was
the water of purification; 
used for purifying from sin.


Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.


I thought of that Gospel passage after today's Post Communion prayer which asks our Lord 
to lead those you have imbued with heavenly mysteries 
to pass from former ways to newness of life.
That is so deep ...
to pass from former ways to newness of life.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I need to do (if anything) to create a new wineskin so that the new wine of grace can fill that new wineskin and give newness of life. (thinking out loud thanks)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.