Saturday, March 21, 2015

Monastic burial... cheap and easy.

A worthy vessel to contain the remains.


Try that in your parish or local cemetery.



[The cremated remains of a body should be treated with the same respect given to the human body from which they come. This includes the use of a worthy vessel to contain the ashes, the manner in which they are carried, and the care and attention to appropriate placement and transport, and the final disposition... cf Order of Christian Funerals # 417]

An addendum to my post here.

2 comments:

  1. Then the Trappists are closer to Joab Baez than to the #417 rule....here she is from an otherwise moral problem beset song....but this part is clean. Making the ocean, beach etc. mandatory solves earlier mentioned problems...like closet storage for cremation cases...we could call it rule #maritime....

    " Just one favor of you, my love if I should die today
    Take me down to where the hills meet the sea on a stormy day
    Ride a ridge on a snow white horse and throw my ashes away
    To the wind and the sand ...where my song began..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan Baez not Joab Baez...Joab was a nephew of King David.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.