Monday, March 16, 2015

A queer calling: The "New Homophiles"

Nightwatch, John Kirby 1989


"A rose by any other name would still smell."


I think "Spiritual Friendship" movement may be a better term.  After all, it is a new movement.

Gay-Catholic-Celibates just seems to be a weird identity to carry around.  Too much information.  New Homophiles seems to imply to some that 'they' may not be chaste and celibate.  It was also imposed upon 'them'.  But who am I to judge?  Love that line, BTW.

I honestly do not care how people identify themselves - whatever works at this point.  Write volumes on how people should identify, they won't care.

The aim is to be faithful to Catholic teaching, to live chastely and celibately - alone or with friends, or a community of at least one like-minded individual - the purpose of that being the sanctification of one's life.  People need friends.  You don't need a ritual of friendship.  Friendship sin't a vocation.  Friendship isn't a union.  Friendship should not be eroticized.   You know what I'm saying.

That's enough from me.  Just be Catholic.

I have to quit meddling in the lives of others.

1 comment:


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.