Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Starting now.



My family has Ebola.

My family is being slaughtered by ISIS.

My family is entering the United States illegally...

  • Report from Iraq: families throwing children from a mountain to keep them from terrorists ... Deacon Kandra has the story here.  Click here to donate and help these who are truly in need.  They have lost everything.  They had no 'bug out' bags - no time to collect possessions.  In some cases, what little they had was taken from them as they fled.
  • ISIS just captured the Iraqi town of Sinjar in the first major defeat of Kurdish forces. Religious groups that had taken refuge there are in imminent danger of being massacred. - Story here.
  • Christian leaders in Liberia declared that Ebola is a plague from God in punishment for sin.
Last Sunday, Archbishop Zeigler in a Homily during Mass at the Sacred Heart Cathedral in Monrovia, called on all members of the Catholic Church in Liberia to observe three days of serious prayers, using the Holy Rosary for God’s intervention to bring remedy to the Ebola epidemic.
Rt. Rev. Zeigler urged Christians, especially Catholics, to knock on the door of God. “The Church has used faithful and truthful prayers to God for intervention in our lives in times of peace, war or famine. Let us not miss this opportunity to pray together and go to God in the spirit of humility and repentance,” he admonished Catholics.
The Catholic prelate warned that Liberia has a very heavy load to carry, and called on all Liberians to unitedly shoulder that burden. - Source
  • "Immigrant children coming into this country have been the subject of much attention, debate – and, fortunately, great compassion by many – especially our Catholic charitable agencies and parishes. For the most part, they are young people, without their parents, who are arriving in this country seeking a refuge from poverty or gang violence." - Cardinal Dolan
I must fast and offer everything as a sacrifice.  I must pray and pray and pray.  I must donate - donate whatever I can.  I must not stockpile or horde or reject the needs of others.  I must repent.  I must cry out, full throated and unsparingly...  I must repent.

“Why do we fast, but you do not see it?
afflict ourselves, but you take no note?”
See, on your fast day you carry out your own pursuits,
See, you fast only to quarrel and fight
and to strike with a wicked fist!
Do not fast as you do today
to make your voice heard on high!
Is this the manner of fasting I would choose,
a day to afflict oneself?
To bow one’s head like a reed,
and lie upon sackcloth and ashes?
Is this what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the LORD?
Is this not, rather, the fast that I choose:
releasing those bound unjustly,
untying the thongs of the yoke;
Setting free the oppressed,
breaking off every yoke?
Is it not sharing your bread with the hungry,
bringing the afflicted and the homeless into your house;
Clothing the naked when you see them,
and not turning your back on your own flesh? - Isaiah 58

I repent.


2 comments:

  1. I think that in the grand scheme of things the most important truth is the love of God and neighbor...no matter where my neighbor be. So to that end, I am going to strive to serve my neighbor as best as I can while lifting my heart to my Lord and Savior.

    I will join my neighbor in their sorrow. I will pray for their salvation and their safety and their hope. I will weep with them for their precious innocent children and their beloved elderly, many who have perished under these horrible conditions.

    And yes, I will ask Almighty God to give me the graces needed to pray for the enemy. They have a fate that awaits that unless they repent...woe to them!

    Rudaw Reporter: Death Toll on Shingal Mountain Rising by the Minute

    http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/060820141

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry,

    I just read this and it gives me hope for God's children trapped on that mountain. I was thinking about it last night while praying...I wondered who would take a risk and enter the area in order to bring aid to the people.

    God's hand is at work! May He bless those who are bringing aid such as water and food to the many suffering.

    "Zebari promised that some major developments would unfold over the next 48 hours, but he did not elaborate. He added that the UN and Iraqi air force have dropped water and food to the hordes caught on the Shingal Mountains.

    Fox News reported that the US is considering humanitarian aid drops to families stuck on the mountains around Shingal."

    Source: http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/070820144

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.