Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Mystery of the Visitation

May this song make your name for ever remembered.
May the peoples praise you from age to age.

In thanksgiving.

Who am I that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?  Blessed are you who believed what was spoken to you by the Lord would come to pass.  O Mary!  Blessed is the fruit of your womb, JESUS!  You are all fair O Mary!  And the original stain is not in you!  O Mary, by your holy and immaculate conception, make my body pure and my spirit holy.  You are the refuge of sinners O Mary!  Pray for us, now - and at the hour of our death.  Amen.



Art: Zeffirelli, Jesus of Nazareth.  Part of Zeffirelli's genius is how he framed every major scene in the style of the great Italian master painters.  He did the same thing in Romeo and Juliet and Brother Son, Sister Moon.

1 comment:

  1. The Mystery of the Visitation... We are a SENT people – by God for each other... (A man came, SENT by God... he came as a witness, as a witness to speak for the light so that everyone may believe through him...)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.