Sunday, April 27, 2014

Divine Mercy and Storms



In the diary of St. Faustina, Our Lord revealed to her that he sometimes speaks to souls through storms...
.
"Write that I am speaking to them through their remorse of conscience, through their failures and sufferings, through thunderstorms, through the voice of the Church." 1728 (90) Diary, Divine Mercy In My Soul
.
The night before Our Lord gave St. Faustina the chaplet, she saw in a vision a great storm threatening the earth, and she had no other recourse but to pray  the words of the chaplet she heard interiorly.  "As I was praying in this manner, I saw the Angel's helplessness: he could not carry out the just punishment which was rightly due for sins."  - 474-475 Diary
.
I gathered from this that the chaplet of Divine Mercy may be efficacious against storms as well.  
.
Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.  For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
.
Link:
How to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet

Jesus, I trust in you.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very beautiful Divine Mercy image, Terry!! Thanks, God bless and a very happy Easter Season to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Faustina on May 22, 1937:

    The heat is so intense today that it is difficult to bear. We are all thirsting for rain, and still it does not come. For several days the sky has been overcast, but there is no rain. When I looked at the plants, thirsting for the rain, I was moved with pity, and I decided to say the chaplet until the Lord would send us rain. Before supper, the sky covered over with clouds, and a heavy rain fell on the earth. I had been saying the prayer without interruption for three hours. And the Lord let me know that everything can be obtained by means of this prayer. (1128)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.