Monday, July 22, 2013

The Heard Mentality



Gay-Catholic John Heard capitulates ...*
"After many long years of discussion and consideration, and whereas I previously held a different view, it is important now to state clearly that I no longer oppose efforts to reform the [Australian] Marriage Act 1961 (Cth) to provide for same sex civil marriage. I have always believed in the value of marriage and family and I have come to believe that the benefits and rigours of civil marriage and adoption should be extended to same sex attracted men and women.

Inasmuch as some organisations and individuals continue to refer to my previous statements on this matter, and some persist in doing so despite written clarification from me, I now reiterate publicly what I have communicated privately. No one should use my name, image, or previous statements to promote an anti-reform campaign or agenda.

I acknowledge with gratitude those interlocutors over the years who challenged me to reconsider civil marriage reform." – John Heard

What did I tell you?

Song for this post here.

*Available for speaking engagements at your parish or religious education conference!


Acknowledgment to  Wild Reed for the JH quote.

6 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a GREAT title for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wonder why it took me so long to think of it. LOL!

      Delete
  2. WIERD but I can almost surmise perhaps why this is the case...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite frankly, I am not surprised. I had followed his blog on and off again, but stopped because I couldn't understand the photos posted at times, there was an edge to his writing. Sad. oh well. Calling Gerald.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding about the photos in the sidebar. I've had others tell me the same thing. I never got into reading his stuff. As most 'gay' Catholics who have complained about me, he claimed I said he - and I think Tushnet - were bad Catholics. Never said that at all. If anything, I just said he was headed to the place he finds himself today. I can't judge his soul, just what he says.

      Delete
  4. Yes, the photos in the sidebar were really wierd to me. It all just didn't add up. I couldn't figure out what purpose it served to have such pictures on his blog? I seem to remember he seemed critical of the Courage apostolate in his postings.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.