Friday, March 22, 2013

Where will the Pope live?



What if he doesn't live in the Vatican?

This morning I read that the Holy Father remains at St. Martha House, and celebrates Mass with the help.  He sits with them and prays as well.  Evidently there is speculation he may reside at the Lateran - he is Bishop of Rome after all.  Fr. Lombardi said he knows nothing... no thing.

I wonder if he could just sleep in his car - with kitchen and bathroom privileges of course?

Just kidding.  I have to stop focusing so much on the Pope and let him be.  It's difficult though, I find him so fascinating.  Tomorrow he visits Pope Benedict - I hope they have lots of private time to talk.

Benedictine trivia:  Francis and Benedict.  Did you know the Benedictines gave the chapel of Our Lady of the Angels to St. Francis?   

Pope Benedict's thoughtfulness.  Since I come online so late in the day, everyone knows the rubber-band man story of how he returned the rubber bands from the newspaper to the news stand owner - whom he called to cancel the daily delivery, BTW.  His thoughtfulness and connecting to others on a personal level is very striking for me.  I'm not so good at it.  Guess I'll never be pope.






BTW:  I'm getting close to finishing the icon of Elijah, I seem to have lost the address of the Canadian priest-hermit who wanted it - if you are reading this Father, will you please email me?  It won't be completed until after Easter.  Thanks.





h/t to James for the Pope in the back row shot.

 

6 comments:

  1. More Franciscan/Benedictine trivia: St. Clare lived in a Benedictine convent until the Pope approved "poverty" for her Rule for her cloistered women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And she had to fight for it too. Thanks Thom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's where I sit to make sure nobody asks me to bring up the gifts. He better decide where he's gonna live so his new parish knows where to send his envelopes.

    I wonder if he's an usher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe he's waiting until the papal apartments are renovated and resemble a monk's cell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the rubber band story about Pope Francis?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly - yes it is - I should have noted it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.