Saturday, March 23, 2013

Two papas...

The new normal?
 
 
The affection between the two is obvious.  Everything is just fine now...
 
I loved the following quote from the Italian Jesuit weekly Civilta Cattolica:
"They are two figures of the highest spirituality, whose relationship with life is completely anchored in God," the magazine wrote. "This radicalness is shown in Pope Benedict's shy and kind bearing, and in Pope Francis it is revealed by his immediate sweetness and spontaneity." - source
 
Everything is just fine.
 

7 comments:

  1. DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to be in the Church with both of these men. The joy is so palpible in them. Or "papabile" ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a great peace as we enter Holy Week. Thank you Papa Bene for putting the Bride of Christ before yourself, it took much humility and courage. At Christmastime last year I was shocked by his physical decline and wondered how he would ever be able to celebrate Easter this year with everything this Holy Season demands of the Pontiff. We are blessed to have another great pope in Francis.

    Mercury, I was born just days before the death of Pius XI and, yes, it is unusual, but Canon Law allows it. All we can do is trust in God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thank God for letting me live during a time when we have such holy popes. I love them both dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't mean to derail this post but does anyone know where the tradition/rule/expectation that women should wear black to meet the pope originated?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela - I don't know - I bet Elena would know. Catholic Queens may wear white however: Privilège du blanc on wiki.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The big question on another blog I follow is about black and how that started :) I hope Elena can chime in! Again, sorry to interrupt this combox!!!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.