Thursday, March 21, 2013

That's it! Would it have killed Pope Francis to throw on the mozetta and stole?



The Official Portrait.

He's doing this deliberately! 

Now look what he's done.  People are leaving Rome in a huff.  He's going to celebrate Holy Thursday Mass in a juvenile detention center - why stick around for that?

So anyway - if you really do not like his style, he may not be around for long - if he goes to the Holy Land that is.  There's a private revelation that the next pope - this one? - is going to be killed in Jerusalem.  What?  I didn't make it it up.  (Although the latest locutions don't mention that.  See here.  Not much to tell, actually.)

It could be true.  The same locutionist was told about the new Pope at the beginning of March, and from what I can tell, those locutions sound fairly accurate.  For example: (My comments in blue.)
Mary
Do not be surprised that I have prepared my priest son* for this great task. Immediately, his papacy will be immersed in the greatest darkness. The forces of hell will realize what I have done. They will see, better than others, the full gift. They will realize what I have accomplished. These forces were poised to destroy the Church. They were lurking along the path, ready to steal and even to destroy. Suddenly, the Church is no longer on that path. All of their plans will come to nothing. (* priest son - Fr. Gobbi used the same term.)
 
My pope will lead the Church on a new path.* He will say to all, “This is the way we must walk”. Even though he is the pope, many will not agree. Many, and I stress this, many will oppose him and even threaten him. However, this new pope is like a little child who knows only the voice of his mother. He will respond to all of his critics, “This is the way my heavenly mother wants me to lead the Church. Is she not the mother of the Church?” (*New path - this is happening - now!  In your hearing - reading.  Many do not agree with him already - many who were not 'dissenters' before!  Like - Ann Barnh---t!  I know!)
Mary
The time is too precious and the hour is too momentous to allow this decision to rest in the hands of man. The cardinals will vote and, according to the established procedures, their votes will elect the new pope. That will not change. It is before they elect a candidate that the Spirit will move in a surprising way.* He knows the choice of my heart. He knows what needs to be done to bring forth this priest son. He will invite the cardinals to yield to his promptings. If they do not, then he will increase his manifestations. If those in charge continue to resist him, then he will raise up other cardinals. They will come forth with the Spirit’s words of direction. However, the human cooperation of the cardinals is needed. The new pope must receive their votes. That will not change but the way the cardinals arrive at that vote will be seen by all as the clear promptings of the Holy Spirit. (* the Spirit will move in a surprising way - Need I repeat Cardinal Mahony's prophetic words perhaps confirming this?)
"I picked up my pen to write, and I began. However, my hand was being moved by some greater spiritual force. The name on the ballot just happened. I had not yet narrowed my thinking down to one name; but it was done for me.

I wrote it, then trembled deeply. That's when I knew the Holy Spirit was fully working within the Church of Jesus Christ, and that my role was not to "select" the new Successor to Peter, but to "write down" his name--a name that had been given to me." - Cardinal Mahony on his vote in the Conclave.






"No - Sirico is still over there,
he's got an office in Rome now you know."


Here's a thought:

I wonder what would happen if a Pope flew over the vortex, or the Bermuda Triangle, and just disappeared?  Could we say he was assumed into heaven?  Don'tchya ever think of stuff like that?  They say JPII flew over Medjugorje. 

What?

29 comments:

  1. I seriously love this Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too - seriously. I never thought this could happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. I also worry about him.

      Delete
  3. I think he is fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, I wish you had share buttons on your posts so I could tweet them. There is so much wisdom here. And you make people laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. elena, you could just copy the link to the post and post it on twitter.

      Delete
  5. Just remember what happened to JPI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elena - I don't want to be too irreverent however.

    Share buttons? I don't know what they are or how to add them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is such a thing as a dress code, and one is expected to follow it regardless of his/her personal preference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The papal "dress code" has changed- a lot- over the centuries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's crazy how an action of a man can be perceived as humble by some, and prideful by others.
    Holy Thursday in a prison may seem humble but it doesn't make much sense, liturgically speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he'd be the type of guy to rock up in jeans to a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I give Pope Francis high marks for his daring simplicity and I'm delighted by his decision to celebrate Holy Thursday in a juvenile detention center. It will be a teaching moment for the whole of Christianity.

    Now, about that mug shot. Simplicity's all well and good but that shouldn't prevent the Pontiff from allowing a respected photographer to come in and take a few nice formal shots of him seated. That picture looks like it was taken at the DMV. I blame his predecessor, though. Benedict XVI was the first pope to eschew the formal photographic portraiture that so beautifully captured Popes John Paul I and II in favor of the papal bus pass photo.

    Oh well, you can't have everything. Were would you put it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Papal bus pass photo"! I love it! How perfect!

      Delete
  12. Well the mozetta and or stole would have done a good job of separating him from the background. I mean if he wasn't going to wear the red stole or mozetta, couldn't they at least have changed the background to something other than a shade of off white/very pale bluey grey. I mean a sky blue or even a dark blue curtain behind him would have done better, or have it done in the Library with barrister bookshelf behind him. It would have improved the composition. But then I am not an artist. I probably am not even using the correct terminology. But hey one can always use any number of programs to ho change the background. so who really cares.

    So I will stop talking about the picture here.
    As for the location of the Holy Thursday Mass of the Last Supper. May I send this out to fellow traditionalists: this is a losing argument. He is offering mass, the one that commemorates the installation of the mass and at the same time preaching freedom to the prisoners. It is an corporal act of mercy. Traditionalists, this argument cannot be won. I for one know better than to argue this one. As long as the detention centre has a proper altar ( with an altar stone hopefully) then It is a perfectly acceptable place to celebrate mass. If any other mass is valid there so is Holy Thursday's mass. Besides it is very symbolic to celebrate the mass that commemorates not only the installation of the Mass, but also the mandate to serve one another, and Jesus himself being arrested and becoming a prisoner. No if we are looking for symbols, there are plenty in this offering.

    A question Where will he celebrate the Chrism Mass?

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...I wonder, how can I get a copy of this photograph ? I love this Pope so. I find nothing at all to object to in this image - in fact - to me he looks most saintly.
    I find the background to be also perhaps Holy, as of the sky. those glasses slipping down his nose, and up a bit over his ears, as they are wont to do when an adjustment is needed, fits, too.
    This is a Holy man. Joyous and at peace. I like to think about how truly holy people radiate this... - hard to describe quality. Like, what is in them is no longer the on-going rumination of self that the rest of us endure. They have escaped this world while they are still in it.
    (love the cross too !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. While others are widening their phylacteries, he's doing the work of God.

      Delete
    2. The two are not mutually exclusive.

      Delete
  14. Consolate: Make sure picture is in the middle of your screen and hit the button.It might look like It's usually located to the right of your F12 key.

    Then open up your Paint program and anywhere on the "sheet" that opens up. The crop the photo or cut away the extra screen bits until all that is left is the image. Then save it in your pictures file. Hopefully that is clearer than mud.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops I meant to write: hit the "print screen" button. It might look like it says "PrtSc"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I actually lie the photo. He looks like a Holy *Father*, so approachable, so joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Puff: So.Far.Over.My.Head.
    but thanks, I'll give it a shot. actually, I was thinking about...don't hurt me...a physical object, like, those things you can 'paste' onto a wall or something. and, a physical wall...
    I cut out one of the awe-inspiring images of Jesus from my new book, The True Icon: from the Shroud Of Turin to The Veil of Manopello.
    Wonderful photo in it of Pope Benedict kneeling before it. I like the idea of Pope Francis beside it, on my kitchen counter, as I pass by. Two icons....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Consolata! My favorite photo too, Pope Benedict at Manoppello! I went there last October and can testify that what I saw with my eyes could only be a supernatural image. No photo can capture what I saw... A living image, like a reflected image in a mirror of Jesus face. I can't fully express the PEACE in His Face! Pope Benedict spoke about The Face of God Jan. 1 and Jan. 16, 2013, if you can find it online, it is so beautiful! I pray that Pope Francis will visit there and see what Pope Benedict did!

      Delete
  18. Oh ! there Is a print screen button ! how cool is that ! However, I can no longer afford the $90 ink-jet thing for the printer, which now serves as a short table. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Consolata: Have you tried to have your toner cartridges refilled rather than buy new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best. Comment. Thread. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. "The city of the seven hills" can refer to a number of places, including Rome and Jerusalem. Honestly, I thought the locutions referred to Pope John Paul II.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pat, thanks for your comment: it is good to hear from one who saw it - I have to say though: I am mighty impressed by the photos taken for this book. also - I Never ever heard about the 'Holy Fire', did you ?
    I so, so much love the images left to us - Our Lady of Guadalupe, The Shroud, The Veil...it is not enough to have God imprinted upon our hearts: He knows we are so weak - we need to have Our Lady & Jesus imprinted on our eyes, too. I have a small medal of The Holy Face -
    Puff: thanks: I am in a tenuous state regarding technology - I am not fully committed...& I am debating taking my toe entirely out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be thinking about that "Holy Fire" on the Easter Vigil, as the flame passes from candle to candle! That section alone was worth the price of the book, which is wonderful! I hope that it increases devotion to the Face of Jesus. Pope Benedict and Pope John Paul II wrote beautiful prayers in honor of The Holy Face. BXVI's prayer was written to commemorate his visit to Manoppello.

      Delete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.