Saturday, February 16, 2013

Asking for donations.




I'm getting a lot of Lenten requests for donations.

I bet everyone is getting tons of fund raising requests from charities and religious groups who depend on the good will of donors to support their apostolates and help them to continue their good works.

Many individuals do the same thing.

I would suggest to individuals and communities who accept donations that they send some form of acknowledgement that they received the gift or monetary donation(s), not to mention a thank you note.  An email seems acceptable, especially since mailing several thank you notes could get expensive these days - although, if the benefactor has no email, then a thank you note seems a necessity.  At the very least, offer some form of acknowledgement to your benefactors.   

"Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy." - Jacques Maritain

5 comments:

  1. Where's your donate button? If you don't set up a paypal account, nobody can donate to you.

    What?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad. I guess you'll have to open a lemonade stand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off topic, sorry. But I am reading "The Once and Future King," in which King Pellinore continually says, "what?" often several times, after every sentence, and I keep thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool - thanks Kelly.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.