Monday, January 28, 2013

Just a thought.




"It would be far better for that man if he had never been born." - Matthew 26:24

What if Christ had said "never been ordained" instead?

While Blessed Mother Teresa was seeking permission to found the Missionaries of Charity, she encountered resistance and delays by her bishop. He explained to her what a great risk it is to give permission to found a new order, considering the souls involved. What would happen to those who dedicate their lives to the apostolate, having given up home and property? What would happen to them if the endeavor failed?

If that is the case, what about men admitted to seminary and ordination who maybe shouldn't have been?




 

4 comments:

  1. Just thinking about this gave me that feeling in the pit of my stomach. (the picture may have had something to do with that) But my mind quickly went from "men admitted to the seminary who shouldn't have been", to women religious who shouldn't be, to all of us, to me. That Our Lord entrusts himself to any of us is the wonder of wonders... How easily we can betray Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you state that, "That Our Lord entrusts himself to any of us is the wonder of wonders..."

    How very true. Who can know the mind of God? It's very humbling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this actually a window in a church? I wasn't sure what to make of it and then noticed it was supposed to be Judas hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donald - I'm not sure - I plucked it off GoogleImage search and never checked for attribution.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.