Monday, December 24, 2012

Presumed dead.



When you get older, and have friends who are even older than you, if you don't receive a card from someone you've been accustomed to receiving one from - they are usually dead.

I never know for sure of course, since I do not get the daily paper and never see the obituaries until Sunday - and sometimes obituaries are not always published - I do not intend mine to be.  That said, I also never know if I may have offended someone enough for them to delete me from their Christmas card list...

An old friend and co-worker who knew all of my friends - many now gone - died recently; her obituary was in Sunday's paper.  The day I wondered about her not sending a card yet, her daughter called to inform me her beloved mother had died.

Rest in peace JK.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.