Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Angus' beef...



Against 2-1/2 Men.

Angus Turner Jones has come out to condemn the filth in the sitcom he stars in.  I have always hated that show - it should have died and gone off-air way back when Charlie Sheen had his melt down.  Jones is urging people not to watch it.  I couldn't agree more.

It's just too bad Angus went public as part of his confession of faith as a Seventh Day Adventist.  It's too bad he didn't make his criticism from a non-religious point of view:  bad writing, sophomoric-locker-room humor = filth.  Most TV sitcoms are like that - and have been for some time.

Connecting Jones and everything he now says to his religious views can be, and probably will be, easily dismissed.  It is similar to what Dorothy Day meant when she said she didn't want to be so easily dismissed as a saint.  Religious views are easily dismissed by the Entertainment world.

Update:  This just in!  Angus says, "Never mind.  Just kidding."**
(CNN) -- A day after a video posted online showed him describing "Two and a Half Men" as "filth" and advising viewers to stop watching the sitcom, actor Angus T. Jones apologized to the show's cast and crew Tuesday.

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," Jones said in a statement released by his publicist. "I never intended that."
 
And stupid Charlie Sheen says:
"It is radically clear to me that the show (2 1/2 Men) is cursed," Sheen said in a statement released by his publicist.
 
**See what I mean about converts who shoot off their mouths too soon.
 

2 comments:

  1. I think the network gave him a time out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adds to the mystique of "religious fanatics"!

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.