Tuesday, September 04, 2012

What will those who condemned Medjugoje say...





If the Vatican Commission on Medjugorje investigating the phenomena decide there is nothing contrary to the faith occurring there and that pilgrims are free to make pilgrimages and - you know - even going beyond what Cardinal Schönborn* says and does?
Any negative report from the Vatican Commission on Medjugorje is absolutely out of the question, a well-informed source tells Medjugorje Today. The report that is now being finished will reflect that the experts have been working their way through an entirely positive material.
Medjugorje will get a thumbs up from the Vatican Commission of experts who have investigated the events in the Bosnian village since March 2010, a source close to the investigation tells Medjugorje Today. - MT
 
But... but... but........

I know!

*Thay... what does the Schönborn really say about Medj?
Cardinal Schönborn: I think that the Church’s teaching on Medjugorje is very clear. The bishops of the countries of the former Yugoslavia took a clear position in 1991. This is still valid and has been confirmed by the Vatican twice. There are three important points in this statement. First, that it is not confirmed that the events are of supernatural origin. That means it is neither confirmed nor denied. The Church left it open. The second point is that as the so-called apparition question and message question has not been decided it is not permissible to make official pilgrimages to Medjugorje. So, for example, I cannot organize a formal diocesan pilgrimage to Medjugorje as we can to Rome or Fatima or Lourdes. The third point, however, is that the people who choose to go to Medjugorje on their own are entitled to spiritual care. So, we priests or bishops are invited to provide spiritual company to pilgrims. That’s what my predecessors in Vienna did from the very beginning regarding Medjugorje, and that’s what I continue to do. I think these three points are sufficient for a good understanding of how to approach Medjugorje. The most important for me are the overwhelming good spiritual fruits of Medjugorje. - Source


As for me and my household, I will await what the Church decides.  I can't go any place anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.