Sunday, August 26, 2012

Neil Armstrong and the Moon Landing...



I almost missed it.

I vaguely recall watching it in the electronics department at Dayton's.  At least I think I was at work and we were doing windows - but I'm not sure.  I think I was with my co-workers and many other store people and customers, crowded together to watch it - but I'm not sure.  We may have done the corner window to commemorate the event as well - but I'm not sure. 
Nah.  I just looked it up, it happened on a Sunday - the store was closed.  See, I knew I wasn't sure.  I watched something in space however - in the television department - with Don Gruye.  I wonder what it was?

I suppose I should be ashamed of myself for not being more involved - but there was a lot going on back then.  For all I know, it could have been staged. 

Neil Armstrong died yesterday.  (I always got him and John Glenn mixed up.) 

RIP.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.