Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Being 'other' directed.



Looking for approval and affirmation from others...

Kids do it by trying to be popular in high school - or so outside the norm they get attention for being a freak.  Media people do it by obsessing over stats and ratings and worrying about sponsors.  Many bloggers do it the same way.  It's a thing people do, isn't it.  I have no intention of writing a big essay on it - just making a comment.  I hate it when I catch myself doing it. 

Nothing so defiles a soul as the love of glory. - John Chrysostom

Photo: Felini, 8 1/2 - or is it La Dolce?

2 comments:

  1. On an unrelated matter, I decided to catch up with you and just read the post "27 Feb 2012
    What does 'winding down' the blog mean?" which has been removed. That's OK, my answer was going to be, "Nothing." :-) I see I was correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to think of it, the comment and this post may not be that unrelated after all ;-)

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.