Sunday, September 24, 2017

"I am resigned to being always imperfect." - St. Therese



Third day of the novena to St. Therese.

"Therese believed that God frequently allows us to experience in ourselves the same weaknesses which we deplore in others,,,  [Thus] when we see ourselves fallen into those faults we are then more prompt to excuse them in others." - My Sister St. Therese, Sister Genevieve of the Holy Face
.
"'Sometimes it happens,' she went on, 'that despite their best efforts, some souls remain imperfect because it would be to their spiritual detriment to believe they are virtuous or to have others agree that they are.'" - Ibid
.
"I am resigned to being always imperfect, and I even find happiness in it.  I keep an eye on myself to see if I can discover any new imperfections." - Therese to Mother Agnes of Jesus

3 comments:

  1. So very true. I love St Therese because so loved God so very much. She is the most beautiful flower ever God created. She will be my salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very imperfect, and, thank God, I'm resigned to it. It is through God's grace that most other people in my life seem equally resigned to my imperfections. My bosses and my students are not among their number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How often our lives and our hearts are broken, separated and sliced into pieces of pain because of sin – and yet our fragmented failings, our shattered souls, all the irregular bits and scraps, the sharp and blunt stones which we sling and hurl to hurt each other, and so ourselves, are all seen and gathered by the Maker – and with loving care and patience he crafts a new creation, a miraculous mosaic of beautiful brokenness.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.