Tuesday, March 22, 2011

With all that is going on these days...



These days there's so much going on
No one seems to want to know... - Talking Old Soldiers
.
"Odious to the Lord and to men is arrogance..." - Sirach 10:7
.
"For they preach but do not practice... they widen their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels.  They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues, greetings in marketplaces... Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, but whoever humbles himself will be exalted." - Matt. 23: 1-12
.
"I will correct you by drawing your sins up before your eyes." - Ps. 50
.
God loves humility so much...


4 comments:

  1. Terry: I so love this painting. It must be one of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria - I wish it was - it's by a Pre-Rapaelite painter whose name I don't recall. A woman painted it. I think it images fatherhood very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you, though,Terry.It is so sweet.I am reading Sirach for the first time. It is dense with the Truth...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:41 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.