Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another reason not to trust anyone: The BP Beach Cleaners Show.


No one is really in charge of things.
.
Yahoo News' Brett Michael Dykes reports that BP paid busloads of temporary cleanup workers to show up as stage props for President Obama's visit to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill cleanup operations on Grand Isle yesterday.
.
Dykes quoted Jefferson Parish councilman Chris Roberts who said "the overnight contingent of workers was there mainly to furnish a Potemkin-style backdrop for the event — while also making it appear that BP was firmly in command of spill cleanup efforts. New Orleans NBC affiliate WDSU reports that the workers were paid $12 an hour. - Washington Examiner
.
Obama claims he's in charge.  All politicians are in bed with big business and the oil companies - everyone knows that, right?
.
Perhaps the Obamas should have vacationed on the gulf coast instead of Chicago.
.
Photo source.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen the head of BP on the "Morning Shows" past few days...while eating breakfast...he has the "deer in the headlights" thing going on (an upper Midwest colloquialism for "Oh, dear God...what's next?!!).
    And as for the Prez...more nothings; he can't even get it right when he has paid writers for making statements...
    "Fiddling while Rome burns" is what I think of all the twaddle (I'm being non-obscene here, because I just went to confession, and I'm trying, ever so hard, to be good!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiddling while Rome burns is a great analogy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A priest's confession--

    Is it like the famous statement of Archbishop Fulton Sheen that listen to nun's confession was like being stoned by popcorn? :)

    I went to Ordination Mass this morning..two wonderful new priests, one of Vietnamese orgin, and another of Thai orgin, they were concelebrating the Mass with the Bishop and they also had the "deer in the headlights' look...I imagine so looking out into the Cathedral and seeing all those people..LOTS and LOTS of good food afterwards..

    And I about wrecked driving home...Mama Duck and her babies were trying to cross the Interstate...I swerved not to hit them...thanks God there ws no one in the other lane..I do hope she made it safely.. I will have nightmares the next few days..

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.