Monday, December 21, 2009

Have you noticed Fr. Z is getting kind of "Poll-ish"?


I know!  Every other day it seems he has another poll at his blog.
.
Smart move however.  By encouraging as many readers as possible to participate in a poll - jamming, as it were - it seems to me any chance of accuracy is cancelled out.  As it stands, many popular media polls are imbalanced to begin with, subject to vague parameters, too many variables, etc..  Indeed, it is not unheard of for poll results to be weighted to account for the unresponsive stats.  Nevertheless, I suppose this type of Internet poll can be useful - but I tend to think they are about as accurate as the daily horoscope.
.
[I'm sure my margin of error on this is way off the charts.]

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.