Thursday, November 26, 2009

Kiss my...



Oops!  It's Thanksgiving - don't wreck it.
.
Well it is only Thanksgiving in the U.S. - not elsewhere - especially in the U.K.  As reported here, Archbishop Nichols offered flowers to Hindu deities last Saturday.  Come on!  Hindus have been killing Catholic Christians in India for the past couple of years and the Archbishop offers flowers to pagan gods?  Christian martyrs shed their blood rather than submit to such apostasy.  So if the Archbishop doesn't believe in them - does that make it okay?  Does he really believe that Jesus is Lord?  Is he really preaching Jesus and him crucified when he makes offerings to idols?
.

.
When the Son of Man comes, will he find any faith on earth?
.

7 comments:

  1. This is beyond my comprehension.
    I hope there is some kind of reasonable explanation for this(I am ever the optimist until the facts are clear that I should be mad as h***).
    Nevertheless, the words of our Lord that you cite are ever in my mind these dark, dark days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt guilty about the 'kiss my...' quote so I'm taking it down.

    This stuff is bewildering however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Just great, Terry. Now who am I going to reference when I 'blog about a topic that will let me use your "Kiss . . ." quote?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't want people to think I was being mean to John Paul II - Although I don't understand these actions and get frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. +JMJ+

    I understand why you took it out; and for what it's worth, I don't think you were being mean to him at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me either. A very high ranking prelate once said to me, "John Paul II may be a saint, but everything he did wasn't exactly perfect."
    Which, in a way, makes me feel okay that saints can make mistakes (just read the lives of the saints)...stuff happens..

    ReplyDelete
  7. +JMJ+

    I once expressed the same opinion as yours to a Protestant friend, who laughed and said that everything I was saying about Pope John Paul II going against centuries of tradition was pretty much what the Protestant Reformers thought about the papacy.

    I took it as an example of the way one can be openly critical--or simply frustrated--by the actions of the Pope and not have to leave the Church.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.