Saturday, April 25, 2009

Weblog humor.

Get off the wagon once in a while.
.
Sometimes it is hard to tell if a writer is being funny-sarcastic or snarky-sarcastic, or both - although they mean no harm either way. Ya know what I mean?
.
No, I thought you didn't - which is why you get mad at me. And that may explain why I have been writing about serious topics lately, and at the same time trying so hard not to offend anyone. But! It is just too much stress to keep up with all of that. People! Listen up - we have got to toughen up and not be such delicate Camille's about the stuff we write.
.
For instance, when I write about sanctimonious, holier than thou, crosier up the **** trads - I'm writing about a specific category of trads - not all trads are like that - I hope.
.
When I write about militant homosexual activists with a world domination complex, I'm not writing about all gays - not all gays are that nuts.
.
I know, I know. I can get all sensitive and hurt too; misunderstanding another person's humorous comment or blog post - especially if I'm depressed about something... like my stats. (Although I do try to turn insults and mockery into fertilizer for humility.)

.

But if we are online, shooting our mouths off with our unsolicited opinions and observations, and deep dark secrets no one should mention except to a confessor, then we gotta buck up.

.

So let's lighten up, the Swine-flu pandemic is coming.
.
(I think that is a conspiracy theory to be revealed! C'mon - two strains of pig flu, a dash of avian-flu, and mix well with human flu... someone manufactured that. You heard it here first!)

7 comments:

  1. I get what you're saying.

    But sometimes it's best to make sure you're understood that you don't mean every this or that.

    Whatever it is, people are accustomed to hearing it from those that don't like them. It's quite something else to hear it from a friend.

    "Some" is a great qualifier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to do better - thanks Thom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest....it's a conspiracy, I tell ya. But that's ok - those of us who don't hold hands during the Our Father will stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry - LOL! I hope I get credit for this conspiracy theory - next, I'll have to name the source...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LUV the new profile pic, Rod...er Terry!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if one keeps Yosemite Sam in mind, one can stand Trads.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.