Monday, February 16, 2009

Baby got back.


My laptop is home again!
.
It has been a long time - but we are back together again. Oh! Toto - I learned so much while you were gone. I just forgot to take notes and now I can't think of anything to blog about.
.
I definitely finished the painting - I'm calling it "Domestic Scene; 1959: The Sin of Ham" - maybe I mentioned that already. It took me 9 days to paint, working 6 hours a day - a total of 54 hours - the length of days a rosary novena takes. The painting is only 12"x12". Fr. Mark mentioned in a comment he expects the panel would be a Norman Rockwell type of image, I'm sure he was joking. Although that is actually very funny since I thought of Norman Rockwell's work throughout the process. My panel is not nearly as well painted as Mr. Rockwell's art. (Later, I may reopen "Up Your Street" and show the panels on that blog.)
.
Shortly after finishing the painting, I opened to Ecclesiates 6, 10-12: "A man cannot find out what is good for him to do. Whatever is, was long ago given its name, and the nature of man is known, and that he cannot contend in judgement with one who is stronger than he. For though there are many sayings that multiply vanity,what profit is there for a man? For who knows what is good for a man in life, the limited days of his vain life (which God has made like a shadow)? Because, who is there to tell a man what will come after him under the sun?"
.
My paintings are meant to be for after my death.
.
Moving on.
.
I have 230 emails to check. Do you know how difficult that will be? LOL! (I'm sure Fr. Z probably gets about 230 emails an hour.)
.
Art: Norman Rockwell "Breaking Home Ties" - Source

8 comments:

  1. Perhaps you can email images of your newest masterpiece to a few select people who won't be indignant, like me.

    WB, Terry's Magic Portal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The void is filled again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thom - I could maybe do that.

    Adrienne - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pay you in pictures of my food and gifts from your Amazon list.

    Oh I die.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 PM

    welcome back, Ter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! The earth has returned to its proper axis.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.