Friday, January 09, 2009

More "Doubt"

Barbara Nicolosi has a very good review...
.
The best I've read. An excerpt I particularly agreed with:
.
"As a former nun, I admit I got a surge of sadistic thrill out of watching the self-sacrificing nuns prevail over the cigarette smoking, self-indulgent, priest. I had a bellyfull of patriarchy in my convent days. It's truly one of the proofs of sanctity in the Church that the women religious put up with so much petty arrogance from so many priests for so long. (NOT ALL! But there is definitely an old boys club in the Church that is infuriating if you are a woman with half a brain.) I was also intrigued by how the priest/forces of renewal in the Church ended up being the bad guy in the movie. Take that you Spirit of Vatican IIers! - Source
.
I know what she means. BTW - I took my anecdote down.

1 comment:

  1. I deleted the comments because I edited the post and therefore the comments make no sense.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.