Thursday, May 01, 2008

You mean we didn't win?

White House admits fault on 'Mission Accomplished' banner!
.

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended," Bush said at the time. "The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on Sept. 11, 2001, and still goes on." The "Mission Accomplished" banner was prominently displayed above him—a move the White House came to regret as the display was mocked and became a source of controversy. - Story
.

You mean to tell me that wasn't true? Does that mean we are still fighting in Iraq then? Nice time to tell us. All I can say is that Bush is definitely not getting my vote this fall.

3 comments:

  1. No. Really?? You mean to tell me significant military operations still continue in Iraq? "Well slap my butt and call me Gladys." Where have I been?

    BTW, I LOVE the icon of Jesus and the caption underneath:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever eaten Bush beans? old family secret recipe.

    i think he eats too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only Duke knows the recipe, right Duke?

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.