Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I don't get it.

Bloody crucifixion of penitents in the Philippines.

Some of the mystics shared in the passion of Christ during Holy Week as well, although their experiences were extraordinary graces. The penitentes do so as a penance, albeit with a bit of machismo included, I'm sure. I suppose the purpose of both "productions" is to help men better understand the suffering of Christ.

In my opinion, I think it is better that the mystics receive the favor from Christ, as opposed to taking this type of thing upon oneself.

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy and very, very self-centered

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has NOTHING to do with the TRUE mystical quality of Holy Week.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.