Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Jeffrey Mylett


I'm stunned. I met this guy when I lived in Assisi - we shared a room at the Atonement Sisters, just up from the Basilica Santa Chiara. I had a photo of myself with him - that I sent to David and Stephanie - they were supposed to send it back! David! I want it back!

Jeff was in Assisi because he loved St. Francis and was spiritually seeking after acting in "Godspell". He was very humble - he told me he was in "Godspell" but I hadn't realized he had a starring role in it. We became friends in that short time. We went to the Carceri together, I stayed for a few days, when I returned, he was gone.

Tonight, as I was looking for a good looking character to post for my profile photo, I came upon Jeff. I was so sad to learn he had died. I know we all die, but it's stunning to find out, no matter when. I'm absolutely stunned.
We were the same age...I'm jealous...and deeply saddened. He died in 1986.
Wow! I'm just so saddened. I didn't know.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Assisi: the place of so many meetings. May the wounded Poverello pray for Jeff and lead him into paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your friend Terry -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Soon I shall see the bridge and the three storks and know where the path leads over the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry: Condolences. I know what its like to find out, well after the fact, that someone who touched your life has passed on.

    Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him, O Lord, and Let Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him. May He Rest in Peace. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. I actually run a tribute site for Jeff Mylett. If you like, I'd be happy to post any thoughts or memories you'd like to offer.

    ReplyDelete


Please comment with charity and avoid ad hominem attacks. I exercise the right to delete comments I find inappropriate. If you use your real name there is a better chance your comment will stay put.